Who we are
Our website address is: https://sobiabashir.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The types of information we collect about you depends on how you interact with us.
Directly From You
Whenever you interact with us directly, we receive information from you, for example when you:
- contact us, for example by using the contact forms on our Website, by using Facebook Messenger, by telephoning, by texting or by e-mailing
- sign-up for an account with sobiabashir.com
- when you purchase items from our online store
- sign up to receive any of our marketing or newsletters
- enter any competitions or prize draws we run
- comment on recipes and content on the Website or Social Media platforms
- submit content to us, for example if you post a picture and tag us on your social media account
- when you submit reviews about our products and services
- if you call or text us we may take notes about the details of that call/text.
- when you take part in any of our promotional activities, competitions, surveys or prize draws.
When you access and browse our Website or use our Services, we collect information about your usage and activity on our Websites or Services using certain technologies, such as cookies and web beacons.
We may also automatically collect data about you such as internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website (“Technical Data”) as you interact with our website.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The information we may collect, use and store about you includes the following:
- Identity Data: name, username or similar identifier (such as social media username), title, date of birth and gender
- Contact Data:delivery address, billing address, email address and telephone number(s)
- Financial Data: bank account and credit/debit card information
- Transaction Data: details of your interactions with us, including interactions through our website, by telephone, email, in person and through social media. For example, we may make notes of our conversations with you, log details of any complaints or comments you make and record where any deliveries have been left for you;
- Profile Data: details of your shopping preferences and personal details (such as purchase history and dietary requirements) which help us to recommend items of interest to you or to send you or make available personalised offers
- Marketing Data: your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences
- your comments and product reviews
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, the reasons we use your personal information can be categorised as follows:
- to personalise our Services to you
- to fulfil orders you place on our Website
- to contact you regarding any queries you have or orders you have placed
- to enable you to partake in our prize draws or competitions
- to maintain and improve our Services and our Websites’ infrastructure
- if you have opted-in to this, or where otherwise allowed by law, to market our products and services to you
- to set up your account for you so that you can order products from us.
- to process and deliver your order
- to collect and recover money owed to us
- manage payments
- to respond to an enquiry made by you (whether via the website, over the phone, by email or by post). We may also keep a record of our communications with you to inform any future communication we have with you and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout
- to provide you with marketing information regarding our business
- to enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey (survey messages will not contain any promotional content and do not require prior consent)
- to administer and protect our business and our website from fraud and other illegal activities (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
- to use data analytics to improve our website, customer relationships and experiences
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about products that may be of interest to you
We will not sell any of your personal data to any third party.
We will not pass on your information to any third party for the purpose of marketing.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
are sending marketing materials to you by any means, you may ask us to stop
sending such marketing materials at any time.
You have a legal right to see a copy of the personal data that we keep about you, subject to certain exemptions. Requests for such information should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In some circumstances you may also have a right to:
- rectify or erase any personal data we hold about you;
- restrict our processing of your personal data;
- object to us processing your personal data (for example, where we are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interests, you can ask us to stop processing your personal data. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data);
- data portability in respect of your personal data.
In accordance with applicable data protection legislation, we follow security procedures when we process your personal data. We may therefore request proof of your identity before disclosing certain information to you or acting on any requests.
Please contact us if you have any reason to believe that information we hold about you is inaccurate.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.