This is my ‘when all else fails, pull this one out of the bag’ dish. I mainly use this chicken for quick salads or to throw in wraps for a super fast lunch. It’s a winner however you use it. Packed with flavour and so quick and easy to make you’ll soon see why we love it so much.
Zingy Chilli & Lemon Chicken
- olive oil for cooking
- 1 kg diced chicken breast
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Heat a little oil in a pan.
- Stir in the garlic paste and chicken until all garlic is mixed in.
- Stir in the lemon juice, salt and pepper and cook over a medium heat stiring regularly for approx 5 minutes, or until the chicken is almost cooked.
- Sprinkle in the red chilli flakes and continue cooking until chicken is completely cooked through and all liquid has evaporated.
- Serve hot or cold on a nice green salad or in a wrap with your choice of fillings.
This chicken goes great in a sandwich too. Roughly mash up the chicken in a few spoons of mayonnaise and have it with crisp salad in a sandwich. I use wheatfree bread and sometime have this as a toastie with a little grated cheese instead of the salad in the sandwich. Throw in some jalapenos for an extra kick!